a weight loss blog for people who still need floaties
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Eat, eat, eat!

As you have heard hundreds of times, I'm sure, you should eat every 3 hours, small meals/snacks. This has helped me considerably. I used to always skip breakfast and would be starving by lunch, causing me to make some horrible choices at lunch time. I also never snacked - at least not in a healthy way! So, I thought something that could help everyone is to share some favorite snacks. Here's my list below, plus a quick recipe for an awesome chili dip snack if you’re at home and can cook something, or if you're having people over and you want to be able to eat something yummy yourself that others will enjoy too.

So, the snack list:

-Applesauce (unsweetened)
-Mini bags of microwave popcorn (95% FF - Orville Redenbacher has 4 g fiber - high fiber = GOOD, makes you feel more full!)
-Fruits
-100 calorie packs (they are everywhere these days from chips to cookies)
-Fat Free Pringles chips (not the reduced fat, but FF - the sour cream and onion are the best!)
-Light string cheese
-WW ice cream treats (cookies and cream are my favorite); FF Fudgsicles
-Carrot sticks and FF dip
-Crème Savors sugar free candy (5=1pt; they have a strawberry and a chocolate version)
-Sugar free hot chocolate/apple cider (especially good in the winter!)


Low Fat Chili Cheese Dip

1 pkg cream cheese (LF or FF), softened
1 can 99% FF turkey chili, no beans
½ cup LF shredded cheddar cheese
Hot sauce

In a sauce pan on low heat, mix cream cheese and chili until melted/blended. Add hot sauce to taste. Pour mixture into a small soufflé dish or similar. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Broil for a few minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with baked tortilla chips.

So – SHARE! What are your favorite snacks??



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stocked up on the 100 Calorie packs and also grabbed some of the Quaker Quakes rice snacks - caramel corn flavor and they are actually really good! YIPPEE!

Blogger Alison said...

Mmmm....great ideas.

Fresh fruit always works well for me. I can grab it while I'm at work and don't have to prepare a thing.

I'm going to get some of the 100 calorie snacks and yogurt this weekend for my mid-afternoon snack.

I have the lean pockets breakfast pockets at 8:00 and 10:00 so I'm not starving by lunch. It's working pretty well so far.

It's that mid-afternoon time that gets me.

Blogger The Publican said...

My dinner tonight was an entire bag of microwave pop corn while watching The Matrix. I believe the whole bag was like 310 cal and a lot of food.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like Pretzels, becuase you get the salty flavor with less fat than chips and you can eat quite a bit for 100 calorie snack.

I also like the low fat, sugar free Yogurt (which is a lot less creamy than regular yogurt)this is a great snack if you are hungry before bed, as it only has about 80-100 calories and has protein to make you feel fuller.

Blogger A Heathier Me said...

I love sugar free jello and pudding snacks. Its a great way to feel like you are eating dessert without too many calories.

Post a Comment

<< Home