a weight loss blog for people who still need floaties
Monday, September 18, 2006
Let's Get This Party Started!
Welcome to Day 1 of the DEOTP WLC (I refuse to type that whole thing out...okay, just this once...the Deep End of the Pool's Weight Loss Challenge...

Okay, so Sonia and I (aka, the Sergeants of Squish) and the lifeguards (or floaties? goggles? tankini!?) of this here Pool thought we'd introduce ourselves and tell you why we personally are doing this challenge. So here goes.

My name is Heather, I live in Florida and I'm a wife, mommy of two, and I work full time. I have ALWAYS had issues with my weight. Up and down, up and down, tried diet after diet - you name it. Jenny Cr*ig, Atkins, SlimF*st, even TrimSpa people. I was desperate, what can I say? I gave up for a long time. I was resigned to looking like this:

Even though I thought I had given up, when a co-worker of mine told me she was joining Weight Watchers back in July 2005, I decided to join with her. I really didn't have high hopes - after all, nothing had worked before. But it did work. I actually stayed on the plan. I could have the food I wanted as long as I counted it. I became a better eater. Watched my portions. Counted my points religiously. And I lost weight. EVERY week. I started getting upset when it was only a pound a week. At about half way, people started to notice. I started to feel better. For some reason, I knew I could do it.

In January 2006, I reached my goal - I went from 182 lbs to 124 lbs and I could hardly believe it. I was so happy and excited. I got rid of all of my "fat" clothes except for one of pair of my size 18 pants. I kept all the weight off until June. Then it started to creep back. I've gained 14 lbs back and I hate it. It may not sound like alot, but I can feel myself losing control again - and I don't want to go backwards. I feel sluggish, tired, like I'm letting myself down every time I eat. I want this happy, energetic, confident girl back:


I miss her. ALOT.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Good for you! WW is my weapon of choice as well...I'm thinking we need to have one of those yahoo conference thingys once a week or so to chat, support, share ideas, recipes, etc...

Deanna
(Domestic Chicky)

Blogger Alison said...

Good idea, Deanna. Or at least exchange yahoo or messenger ids. That way when I have a snack attack in the middle of the afternoon, someone can tell me, "No, Alison, you're not hungry, you're bored. Step away from the candy bar!"

Blogger Sunshine said...

We will be welcoming suggestions. Having some scheduled "FAT CHATS" might help us along, we'll put this one on file for sure! Especially when it comes to those points when people lose and then get frustrated if they start to plateau, that is hard to get thru by yourself with some pep talks! Keep watching the blog, we'll schedule some FAT CHATS and post the times on the site.

Blogger Alison said...

If anyone wants to chat, my yahoo ID is ah_deepend. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home