a weight loss blog for people who still need floaties
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Move Your Ass
Sound blunt? It is! But, it's simple. Move, every single day. Period.
Today's mission, if you have a pedometer, wear it. If you don't have a pedometer, they're cheap. Go buy one. The cheapest and most simple ones will measure you steps all day long. The fancy ones can do extra things like tell you calories burned and whatnot. Just get one.
See how much you are stepping in an average day. Our first goal is not the usual 10,000. We're taking baby steps, girlies! Get your average. Then, our goal is to add 2,000 to that average. Evidence shows that most people will see improvement in their energy level, strength, and lung capacity if they increase by 2000 steps per day. That's about a mile or approximately 15 to 20 minutes of walking, something that almost everyone can do.
And that includes you, my flabby little flock! We will get this gushy midsection and these dimpled thighs to slowly melt away with our baby step of adding 2000 steps! So, what are you doing sitting on your hind parts wasting away hours at the computer. Get up! Move your ass!


6 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Hey! I'm working here! LOL

Blogger Beth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Beth said...

Sunshine, I didn't realize this was you. You had this blog in your links. Duh to me! How much did you want to lose?

Blogger Sunshine said...

Beth - Heather and I set this up very recently and had our "kickoff" on Monday but if you want in on the action, scroll down to the first posts to see what you have to do.
In a nutshell, we have gals signed up of every weight you can think of with every weight loss goal you can think of. We don't EVER post you weight, only pounds lost and gained by members each week will be posted. Go down and read and if you have any other questions, send an email to the blog email and I'll answer them for you. Already the camaraderie has been very fun with all these women, we are having a lot of fun!
As for me, my first goal is to lose one pound per week for the 12 weeks of the Pool. That would make me really happy!

Blogger Unknown said...

I need to get a pedometer. I used to have one but alas, it is no more. And they are way cheap.

Blogger Kristi said...

Got the pedometer at lunch. 89 steps to the bathroom and around 600 to the Dt. Mountain Dew, I mean, "water" machine :-) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to count the steps that I took walking around Sports Authority five times looking for the pedometer section...

Post a Comment

<< Home