a weight loss blog for people who still need floaties
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Move Your Ass
Sound blunt? It is! But, it's simple. Move, every single day. Period.
Today's mission, if you have a pedometer, wear it. If you don't have a pedometer, they're cheap. Go buy one. The cheapest and most simple ones will measure you steps all day long. The fancy ones can do extra things like tell you calories burned and whatnot. Just get one.
See how much you are stepping in an average day. Our first goal is not the usual 10,000. We're taking baby steps, girlies! Get your average. Then, our goal is to add 2,000 to that average. Evidence shows that most people will see improvement in their energy level, strength, and lung capacity if they increase by 2000 steps per day. That's about a mile or approximately 15 to 20 minutes of walking, something that almost everyone can do.
And that includes you, my flabby little flock! We will get this gushy midsection and these dimpled thighs to slowly melt away with our baby step of adding 2000 steps! So, what are you doing sitting on your hind parts wasting away hours at the computer. Get up! Move your ass!

PS) You do NOT want to know what I've gone thru trying find a picture of a butt to put up, then I wasn't sure if I should put up a "before" butt or an "after" butt. Let's just say, there are way too many butts out there, do your best to make yours smaller!

Labels:



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was lookin' around. Heather went from an 18 to an ???

Im a 18 now, so knowing someone wasnt too far gone to do it, would sure motivate me. lol

Also- What kind of exercise did she/you use?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh Heatherg! I went from a size 18 to 4/6 (depending on brand.) I'm back at an 8/10 now with the 20 I gained back.

As for exercise, I did a variety of things - mainly I just tried to do SOMETHING 3 times a week for 45 min. B/c I HATE to exercise. It's easy for me to slack on it since my hate goes deep, and it shows! Anyway, Mostly I walked - 45 min to an hour, sometimes did some running or biking. I also have a DVD that had these 20 min workouts I did when I was pressed for time - its one where you use hand weights and a big exercise ball.

I realllyyyy need to get back to that. Ugh.

Heather (I'm posting anonymous b/c w/ the new blogger, I keep losing my comments when I sign in the first time. grr.)

Blogger Susie H said...

Hi, folks! I did the pedometer challenge yesterday, and it only confirmed what an UTTER non-exerciser I have become. I used to walk everywhere until my younger child was about 1 and then I became welded to the van seat. Sighhh. Now it's not a van, but I still need to get out and WALK! Slightly under 4000 steps yesterday. Yoikes! Shopping today should push that up a notch...

Post a Comment

<< Home