a weight loss blog for people who still need floaties
Saturday, January 06, 2007
Welcome!
Just a short welcome to the Pool. We will begin posting advice on diet and exercise starting Monday.
In the meantime, I would like to provide you a listing of our members and there are some old and new faces. Gander over to their blogs, if they have them, to get familiar. Hopefully, we can really have a lot of fun a camaraderie here that will help you all along this path to losing some of those pesky pounds! We, thus far, have 11 members in 3 countries. Invite your friends, family and co-workers to join us before the final deadline, there is only a $5 penalty for missing the first weigh in.

Returning swimmers to the Pool:
AnaBell of 208 Going on 24
Heather of Was That My Out-Loud Voice?
Kristi of PeetSwea
Andy of The Mind of IrishWalsh
Keeley, she of no blog but no one is holding that against her

Our new members, please give them all a hand!
Jeremie of The Corn Beltway Boys
and Jeremie's wife Sonda who, correct me if I'm wrong, also moonlights occasionally at The Corn Beltway Boys. As we recall from the last Pool, husband-wife teams do very well as evidenced by Amy and Andy who lost -8.68% and -11.85% respectively. So, if you have a spouse who has maybe seen some days with a flatter tummy, invite them to join in on the fun! We are accepting late sign ups thru January 14th!
Susie of KnitFarm Health Spa, Crikey! A Brit! Welcome to Susie, we're excited to have you.
Michelle, no blog
Sharon, no blog
Suzi, no blog

We hope you have a lot of fun and see some great progress. Check daily for new posts, weigh ins are Fridays and we look forward to another few laps in the Pool!

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Susie H said...

Hi all! Susie here from KnitFarmHealthSPa (offshoot of my KnitFarm blog, that's why).

I'm the pseudo-Brit in the pool - see my Union Jack swimsuit? They say swimming cossie (costume) here. Actually, I'm a US girl, but we are living in and loving the UK since DH's job has taken us here. Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing with the challenge.

Cheers!

Blogger The Publican said...

6 new people, that's great! Hopefully we can be a pretty social group and have fun losing some tonage. If all goes well after this pool I shoul dbe right about where I want my weight to be, though I don't expect another 32lb loss like last time. If I can do 20, man....will I be happy.

Anyway good luck to everyone, drink water, stay focused, drink water, and snack (wisely) to your heart's concent. Oh, and drink water.

Blogger A-Squared said...

Good Luck Everyone, I hope you all do well! Keep up with the comments as that is what makes this fun and interesting to see how everyone is either coming out on top or stuggling. Losing weight is hard, and it helps having people here to understand what you are going through.

I was in the last pool with my husband and it was kindof fun when Friday rolled around to see how we were comparing to other people and how we were doing week to week.

Anyway...Good Luck and Have Fun!

Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to all the new folks! I'm so excited to see so many new faces!

Sonia has been carrying the load since the holidays, but I promise to be a better SoS in the New Year Sonia!!!

Annnddd...we're OFF!! Good luck everyone!

Post a Comment

<< Home