a weight loss blog for people who still need floaties
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Lana's Guest Post: Nursing a Cold While on a Diet

Since cold season is upon us and I have recently be infected by the plague I did a little googling for the best way to nurse a cold while on a diet. When your nose is running and you have a bad cough, the last thing you want to worry about is your diet. While I was sick I wanted something fast and I wanted something that tasted good but I always tried to keep my diet in the back of my mind. Although I hope none of you get a cold this season I thought I would give you a few food selections that helped me in my time of need (yes I am being dramatic):

  • Panera has an amazing Low Fat Chicken Noodle Soup that is only 100 calories and 2g of Fat! Plus they will pair it with a healthy apple if you so chose.
  • Wendy's chilli is always a quick and simple dinner that doesn't do too much damage. A small chilli has 220 calories and 6g of fat. Make sure you skip on the cheddar cheese!
  • To make sure you are getting a good source of Vitamin C with out all the calories try Minute Maid Light Orange Juice. For about half the calories (about 50 calories for 8fl oz) you get the same amount of vitamin C. The taste is a little bit off but since we have all been on this diet for a few weeks now we know that taste is something you have to sacrifice.

The best piece of advice I can give is to make sure you get plenty of fluids. Of course the Sargents of Squish keep reminding us to drink lots and lots of water which is especially important when you have a cold.

If you have to cut back on the exercise realize that your health is much more important than losing a few extra pounds this week. Take a break from the gym and let your body rest. There is only so much you can do on a treadmill with a runny nose.

Thank you for allowing me to do a guest post this week and I hope this can help someone! I wish all of you a happy and healthy cold season.



1 Comments:

Blogger Sunshine said...

Thanks for the tips. Everyone seems to be passing some various illnesses around the house, this is good to know!

Post a Comment

<< Home