a weight loss blog for people who still need floaties
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Emptying Out The Pantry
There’s always that one food that I want when I’m really trying to be careful about what I eat. Sometimes its chips, sometimes its ice cream, or pizza. It’s that one food that I know if I start eating it, I’ll eat way more than one portion, and possibly the whole package/box/pie! These are trigger foods - foods that you have a hard time resisting. It may seem obvious that you should remove these things from your kitchen/pantry when trying to lose weight. It can be hard though, especially if it’s something your significant other or children really like to eat. Let them know it’s only temporary, that it is important for your progress, and when you feel you can handle it being in the house again, it’ll be back. And the ‘bringing it back’ part is important.

I don’t know about you, but when I think I can NEVER have xyz food again, it just wants me want it MORE. The point of removing these trigger foods now (or AGAIN, if you’re me!) is to help you with your will power – take the temptation away. Later on, when you’ve seen results in your weight loss, are feeling better for the improvements you’ve made in your lifestyle, those foods can be around. Because you will have more POWER over them. You will know how it feels to eat well, feel better. You may still want those foods, and that’s okay, but you will be better able to control yourself and eat them in moderation, watching your portions, etc.

But for now, make it easier on yourself. Get rid of that stuff. On that note, I will be bringing buckets of Halloween candy to work tomorrow so it’s not in my house. Because seriously, how can you have just one little piece??


1 Comments:

Blogger A Heathier Me said...

That pizza looks tasty! Is it fat free?

Post a Comment

<< Home